If there’s one thing that kids love more than slides and swing sets, it’s the sandbox! These can be found in all parks and playgrounds and kids can safely play all kinds of games in there, or build sand castles and other cool thing with the sand.
In this review, we will take a detailed look at the Step 2 Naturally Playful Little Dunes Sandbox, one of the most popular and successful on the market.
What makes this unique, is the fact that although it is made completely out of plastic, as well its very modern design that makes it look more like a garden decoration and less like a toy! In other words, your children have lots of fun in it, and it will also make your garden or back yard look much better in the process. Everyone’s a winner with this sandbox!
Great for kids aged between 24 months and six years.
- Unlike most other sandboxes and back yard playground play sets that need several hours worth of assembly before being ready for use, the Naturally Playful Little Dunes Sandbox comes completely assembled and your children can start playing with it, pretty much right after you take it out of the box.
- It features a specially designed lid that will keep the sand inside safe from the rain and the weather in general, as well as from all animals and pets, including most insects and other creepy crawlies.
- Although completely made out of plastic, this sandbox features a very modern and unique design that makes it look more natural and allows it to seamlessly blend in with your garden’s landscape. It looks a lot more like a natural garden decoration, rather than an out of place toy for the kids.
- The corners of the sandbox can also be used as seats for your children and their friends to sit on while playing in the sandbox.
- Dimensions: 45 x 29.2 x 8.5 inches.
- It weighs about 16 pounds when empty and it can accommodate up to 150 lbs of sand.
How to assemble the Step 2 Naturally Playful Little Dunes Sandbox:
As mentioned earlier, the Naturally Playful Little Dunes Sandbox comes fully assembled. Once you take it out of its box, all you’ll have to do is take it to your back yard or garden and just fill it with sand.
Please note that is doesn’t come with sand already included, so you’ll have to buy it yourself. It can be found on most major hardware stores, just remember to specify that the sand is for a sandbox!
Just make sure that the bag or container reads “Play Sand” and that the label says that it doesn’t contain any silica.
Although people love the Step 2 Naturally Playful Little Dune Sandbox, as evidenced by the glorious reviews, some people who bought it do have a minor issue with it. They are reporting that the lid can be blown open by strong winds. You can very easily his problem by using some elastic cables, ropes or tie downs to better secure the lid.